Here is a simple method to deploy a wordpress server on the redhat cloud and attach it to a domain name, for free. This is what I have done to host this site.
Create a wordpress server:
- Create an account on OpenShift, or login
- Add an application, and select “wordpress”
- If the account was just created, choose its (unique) namespace
- Choose the application name and fill up the form
- Go to
application-namespace.rhcloud.comsite to create the wordpress user account
- Add content and customize the site directly from wordpress
Access the server:
- install the rhc command, then run rhc setup
- log in with ssh and/or git clone the wordpress repo from openshift
- The url for ssh and git can be found on the page of the application once logged in openshit.
- Note for git: content should be added in the
.openshift/[themes|plugins|...]folder of the repo. It will be copied in the suitable folder of the wordpress server (i.e.
$OPENSHIFT_DATA/[themes|...]) by git push.
Finally, to attach this application to a domain name: